Guest Student Admission
Take courses at BC3 while you work toward earning your degree at another institution! We are confident that you will find our courses to be both challenging and rewarding.
Guest students must complete an application for admission to the college and pay a one-time, non-refundable $25.00 application fee if you have not applied to BC3 previously. If you have applied to BC3 as a guest student within the last 12 months (fall, spring, summer), there is no need to re-apply, log in to the Student Portal and register for classes. Guest students are not eligible for financial aid.
How to Apply
Apply Online: Complete BC3's Follow directions carefully and be prepared to pay the one time, non-refundable application
fee of $25 by credit card or debit card if you are a first time student.
Apply by Mail: Download, print, and mail the .pdf version or call the Admissions Office at 724.284.8501 to request that an application be sent to your home address.
Please mail to the following address:
Office of Admissions
Butler County Community College
P.O. Box 1203
Butler, PA 16003
Guest students maintaining enrollment at another college or university who want to take a class(es) at BC3, are required to submit an unofficial transcript for courses that have a pre-requisite met at their home institution only. Please be certain that the name of the college or university you attend is clearly visible on your transcript.
Registering for Classes
- Determine which courses you wish to take at BC3 and if they have a pre-requisite met
at another college or university.
- If pre-requisite(s) is met at another college or university, obtain an unofficial transcript showing course is passed with a “C” or higher.
- If you have not met the English/Math pre-requisite(s), you may require placement testing. To determine if you do, call the Admissions Office at 724-284-8501.
- If the course has no pre-requisite, you may register online through the BC3 Student Portal or at any of our campus locations.
- In some cases, the pre-requisite can be waived upon receipt of the unofficial transcript, allowing students to register online via the BC3 Student Portal. Please send unofficial transcripts to firstname.lastname@example.org, along with the course number(s) you want to take and a phone number where you may be reached.
- If you need assistance registering for courses, complete the Registration Form and send it along with Unofficial Transcripts to email@example.com.
- An Admissions Representative will be in contact with you to confirm registration or next steps.