Placement Test Exemption
You may be exempt from placement testing if:
- You placement tested in the last 5 years at BC3 or another institution. Acceptable
- You took a college-level English or math course and have a grade of "C" or better.
- You scored a 3 or higher on Advance Placement course English - Language and Composition.
- You scored a 3 or higher on Mathematics - Calculus AB or BC or Statistics.
- You scored a 50 or higher CLEP College Composition.
- You scored a 50 or higher CLEP Precalculus or Calculus.
- You are enrolled in any non-degree seeking program such as the College's Senior Citizen, Guest, or College Pathways program, unless required by a course prerequisite.
- You are enrolled in a Workplace Certificate not requiring English or math coursework or prerequisites.
- You have official SAT or ACT scores from the past 5 years:
|Test||Prior to 3/1/16||Eligible for:||After 3/1/16||Test|
|SAT Reading||500||ENGL 101 - College Writing||500||SAT Evidence Based Reading & Writing|
|SAT Math||550||MATH 102 - Trig or higher||570||SAT Math|
|ACT English||21||ENGL 101 - College Writing||21||ACT English|
|ACT Math||23||MATH 102 - Trig or higher||23||ACT Math|
Scores are official if:
- They are sent directly from College Board or ACT (requested at the time of your SAT/ACT testing registration or at a later date for a fee).
- They are sent directly from your high school guidance office.
- If your high school collects this, it may be found on your transcript.
- You can show us your scores. Please bring your SAT or ACT username password with you to login.