International Student Admission
Requirements for the F-1 International Student
- Send a completed Application for Admission with a $25.00 (US dollars) one-time, non-refundable application fee to the BC3 Admissions Office. Money order preferred made payable to "BC3."
- Request that your high school send a copy of your transcript (grades) to the BC3 Admissions Office. If you have attended any other type of educational program or institution, we will also need a transcript of those academic records translated into the English language and the American education system by World Education Service or Educational Credential Evaluators .
- Make arrangements to take the Test of English as a Foreign Language or International English Language Testing System and have the scores sent to the BC3 Admissions Office if English is not your native language. You must submit TOEFL test scores at a minimum of 61 on the Internet-based or IELTS scores at a minimum of 5. Test scores are good for two years from the time of completion.
- Complete the confidential “Certification of Finances” and “Oath or Affirmation of Sponsor” BC3 forms along with an official bank-certified statement showing resources of $44,000 (US dollars) assured support for the first year and projected support for the second year of an Associate Degree program. Forms can be obtained by contacting Primary Designated School Official, Morgan Rizzardi.
- Submit a color copy of your current, valid passport (front & back).
After the steps above have been completed, your transcript, test scores, and financial background will be reviewed and a decision will be made on admission. Applicants may also be subjected to a Skype interview. If you are accepted for admission to the college, you will receive an acceptance letter and a “Certificate of Eligibility” form (I-20) for immigration purposes. Deadline for submission for the fall semester start (August) is June 15th, for the spring semester (January) start November 15th. Students must take a minimum of 12 credits during the fall and spring semesters (only one can be online).
F-1 International Student Tuition & Fees per Semester
12 to 17 CREDITS: $5,244-$5,504
18 CREDITS: $6,480
The $5,244 is the minimum tuition cost for one semester, full-time; therefore, the minimum cost to attend Butler County Community College for one year (two semesters) would be $10,488. In addition, most students spend approximately $1,500 each year for books and supplies. It is difficult to estimate a figure for living expenses (room and board) and the cost of transportation for one year, but a conservative figure would be $10,000. Therefore, an international student would need $22,000 for educational expenses for the academic year. Examples of additional costs would be airplane travel to the United States, personal expenses, and medical expenses. F-1 international students are not eligible for the federal nor state financial programs.
All questions about international student admission can be directed to Primary Designated School Official: