International Student Admission
Requirements for the F-1 International Student
- Complete the online Application for Admission and be prepared to pay a non-refundable $25 US application fee.
- Be prepared to submit official financial documentation showing resources of $25,000 US dollars as support for your first year of attendance in an associate degree program. You will also need to provide proof of foreign, US, or self sponsorship that connects to the provided information.
- Provide a copy of a valid passport for international travel and current visa (if applicable).
- Request that your high school send an official copy of your transcript (grades) to the BC3 Admissions Office. If you have attended any other type of higher education institution, we will also need an official course-by-course evaluation of the academic records translated into the English language and the American education system by a third-party evaluator such as World Education Service or Educational Credential Evaluators
- Make arrangements to take the Test of English as a Foreign Language or International English Language Testing System if English is not your native language . The official scores must be sent to the BC3 Admissions Office in a sealed envelope from the provider. TOEFL test scores at a minimum of 62 on the Internet-based test (iBT) or IELTS scores at band 6.0 are proficient. Test scores are good for two years from the time of completion. Students may be exempt at the discretion of the Principal Designated School Official (PDSO).
After the steps above have been completed, your academic record, test scores, and financial background will be reviewed and a decision will be made on your admission. Applicants may also be subjected to a GoToMeeting or Microsoft Teams interview by the PDSO/DSO. If you are eligible for admission to BC3, you will receive a BC3 acceptance letter and a “Certificate of Eligibility” form (I-20) for visa interview purposes or change of status requests.
Deadline for submission of materials for the fall semester start (August) is June 15th and for the spring semester start (January) is November 15th. Students must take a minimum of 12 credits during the fall and spring semesters. Only one can be entirely online.
F-1 International Student Tuition & Fees (per semester updated for 2023-2024)
12 CREDITS: $4,680
15 CREDITS: $5,850
18 CREDITS: $7,020
$4,680 is the minimum tuition cost for one semester, full-time. However, most associate degree programs are 15-17 credits per semester. In addition, most students spend approximately $1,500 each year for books and supplies. It is difficult to estimate a figure for living expenses (room and board) and the cost of transportation for one year, but a conservative figure would be $10,000. Therefore, an international student would need approximately $20,860-$25,540 for the academic year. Examples of additional costs would be airplane travel to the United States, personal, and healthcare/medical expenses.
BC3 is only able to award federal and state financial aid to U.S. citizens or permanent residents. F-1 students are permitted to work through on-campus employment programs when available.
Questions about international student admission can be directed to Principal Designated School Official (PDSO):