Transfer Credits from BC3
70% of BC3 students transfer their credits to a 4-year college or university to complete a bachelor’s degree. BC3 credits are recognized by public, private, state-related, and online colleges and universities. If you plan your transfer from the start, you’ll save time and money.
Steps to Get Started
- Find a transfer program that interests you.
- Speak to your academic advisor or to a transfer counselor at BC3.
- Contact the Transfer Admissions Office of the college or university you would like to attend. See contact information below.
- Stop by BC3’s University Partnership Center to speak to a college or university representative.
- Check out the BC3 Events Calendar for upcoming transfer visits and events.
- Send Official Transcripts when you apply.
BC3 Transfer Agreements
View details on the institutions and programs below:
Students who complete an associate degree from BC3 in one of the following qualifying programs can transfer to any of the 14 PASSHE Institutions (PA State System of Higher Education) with junior standing:
- Business Administration, A.S.
- Computer Science, A.S.
Humanities & Social Sciences
- Communications, A.A.
- Criminology, A.A.
- Early Childhood Education (Pre K-4), A.A.
- English, A.A.
- History, A.A.
- Psychology, A.A.
- Social Work, A.A.
- Biological Science, A.S.
- Chemistry, A.S.
- Mathematics, A.S.
PASSHE institutions in Western Pennsylvania include Slippery Rock University, Clarion University, Edinboro University, California University, and Indiana University.
Students who complete an associate degree from BC3 in one of the following qualifying programs can transfer all credits to any of the 14 Penn State Commonwealth Campuses in these programs:
- Business Administration, A.S. > Business, B.S.
- Computer Science, A.S. > Computer Science, A.S.
- Nursing, R.N., A.A.S. > Nursing, R.N., B.S.
Humanities & Social Sciences
- Criminology, A.A. > Administration of Justice, B.S.
- Communications, A.A. > Communications, B.A.
- English, A.A. > English, B.A.
- General Studies, A.A. > Human Development and Family Studies, B.S.
- Psychology, A.A. > Psychology, B.A. OR Psychology, B.S.
- Chemistry, A.S. > Earth Science, B.S.
PSU Shenango Additional Agreements
Students who attend BC3 @ LindenPointe can transfer credits to Penn State Shenango in these programs:
- Administration of Justice, B.S.
- Business, B.S.
- Human Development and Family Studies, B.S.
- Letters, Arts, and Sciences, B.A.
- Nursing, R.N., B.S.
Franklin University has been a BC3 partner for over 10 years and offers 30 programs that are fully online. Depending on the program, Franklin University will accept over 90 credits transferred from BC3. Contact Lois Kuttesch at Lois.Kuttesch@franklin.edu.
Grand Canyon University
Grand Canyon University is a private institution in Phoenix, Arizona that offers both undergraduate and graduate programs that are fully online. Contact Laura Soukup at Laura.Soukup@gcu.edu.
Select a local college or university below to learn more about transferring from BC3 to that institution:
- California University of Pennsylvania
- Clarion University of Pennsylvania
- Edinboro University of Pennsylvania
- Indiana University of Pennsylvania
- Lock Haven University of Pennsylvania
- Mansfield University of Pennsylvania
- Slippery Rock University of Pennsylvania
- Bellevue University (Online)
- Bethany College
- Carlow University
- Duquesne University
- Franklin University (Online)
- Geneva College
- Grand Canyon University (Online)
- LaRoche College
- Penn State Beaver
- Penn State Erie (Behrend)
- Penn State Main Campus
- Penn State New Kensington
- University of Pittsburgh
- University of Pittsburgh - Johnstown
- Point Park University
- Robert Morris University
- St. Vincent College
- Strayer University
- Westminster College
- West Virginia University
- Youngstown State University