The Associate Degree is designed for students intending to transfer to a senior-level institution to complete a Bachelor’s Degree.
Program flexibility prepares the student for a variety of fields such as Chemistry, Biochemistry, Pharmacy, Medical-related careers, and Laboratory Technology. See Nanofabrication Technology Specialization for a fifth semester. This is a Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics (STEM) program.
The student/graduate will be able to:
- Understand and apply basic chemical principles.
- Engage the scientific method in chemical research and present findings.
- Demonstrate proficiency in written and oral communication skills in general, and as applied to chemistry.
- Demonstrate proficiency in the techniques and instrumentation appropriate to the discipline.
- Successfully transfer to a chemistry program at a four-year institution.
Get the background you need with us then transfer to a four-year institution to complete your degree in chemistry, a medical related field, laboratory technology, etc.View the required courses and curriculum semester-by-semester for Chemistry, A.S.