The Mathematics program prepares the student for transfer to senior-level institution for work in mathematics or for a career as a mathematics technician in business, industry, or government.
A strong mathematics background is highly desirable for those who wish to pursue a career in economics or business administration.
Courses in technology, although not designed for transfer to four-year liberal arts programs, will satisfy the elective requirement. Intermediate Algebra, College Algebra, Trigonometry and Functions, Technical Mathematics I and II CANNOT be used as credit toward an Associate Degree in Mathematics. This is a Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics (STEM) program.
The student/graduate will be able to:
- Utilize appropriate technology for mathematics applications.
- Work in a team setting to propose, define, and solve mathematical applications
- Perform integration and differentiation techniques.
- Solve calculus-based applications to the natural sciences and engineering.
- Demonstrate calculus concepts analytically and graphically.
Start your future in math. Get the foundation you need to transfer to a four-year college to study math for careers in statistics, cryptography, or teaching.View the required courses and curriculum semester-by-semester for Mathematics, A.S.