Healthcare Program Admission
BC3 has four selective admissions programs in the Nursing and Allied Health Division which include:
- Physical Therapist Assistant.
- Medical Assistant.
- Massage Therapy.
Applicants must meet eligibility criteria and complete a separate application for admission to their program of choice.
Applications and Guidelines
Nursing (R.N.), Associate in Applied Science Degree
March 1st, 2018 – Advanced Standing Applicants (LPN to RN) or Transfer Nursing Student Applicants at the main campus.
Download the Main Campus Advanced Standing Nursing Program Application
July 1st, 2018 – General Applicants for Fall 2019 for main campus and BC3 @ Brockway.
May 11th, 2018 – Advanced Standing Applicants (LPN to RN) or Transfer Applicants (priority consideration) for Fall 2018 at the main campus.
October 31st, 2018 – General Applicants for Fall 2019 for main campus and BC3 @ Brockway.
Early Acceptance Program
Prospective Nursing students who have a 3.25 GPA minimum in addition to Anatomy and Physiology I and II completed with a “B” or better grade, and 6 Pre-Nursing support credits at the time of application may be eligible for Early Acceptance to the Nursing Program.
General applicants - Mid-February for the following fall semester
Advanced Standing applicants - Early June for the following fall semester
Special Admission Requirements
- 2.80 cumulative GPA minimum
- Chemistry with a lab in the last 5 years at high school or college level passed with a "C" or better. (Suggested BC3 course: CHEM 112 – Descriptive Chemistry)
- Biology with a lab in the last 5 years at high school or college level passed with a "C" or better. (Suggested BC3 course: BIOL 101-General Biology or BIOL 131 – Anatomy and Physiology I)
- Advanced Standing Applicants: LPNs ONLY - Must have a valid Pennsylvania Practical Nursing license with eligible work or clinical experience within one year of application
- Advanced Standing Transfer Applicants: from another Nursing Program ONLY - Coursework and clinical experience comparable to NURS 101 at BC3 within one year of application
Physical Therapist Assistant, Associate in Applied Science Degree
- 2.80 GPA minimum
- High School or College Level Biology and Algebra
- 20 hours of shadowing experience with a Physical Therapist or Physical Therapist Assistant
- 2 Letters of Recommendation: One from a PT or PTA and the other from an Employer or Teacher
Note: Biology 131 (Anatomy and Physiology I) and Biology 132 (Anatomy and Physiology II) are highly encouraged when making an application.
There are 30 seats available for this program at the Main Campus. Priority consideration will be given to those who apply on or before May 11, 2018.
Please print the PTA application and complete the form below to receive envelopes for your Letters of Recommendation.
Medical Assistant, Certificate or Associate of Applied Science Degree
- 2.50 GPA minimum
- Introduction to Microcomputing – COMP 210 or exemption prior to or during first semester
There are 22 seats available at the Main Campus and 12 seats available at BC3 @ Lawrence Crossing, New Castle. The application deadline is July 13, 2018 for both locations
To apply to the Main Campus Medical Assistant program, please print the application (PDF).
To apply to the Lawrence Crossing Medical Assistant program, please print the application (PDF).
Massage Therapy, Certificate or Associate of Applied Science Degree
- 2.50 GPA minimum
- Biology with a lab in the last 10 years at high school or college level (Suggested BC3 courses: BIOL 101 – General Biology, AHEA 125/BIOL 115 – Basic Human Structure, or BIOL 131 – Anatomy & Physiology I)
- Students who have completed BIOL 131 - Anatomy & Physiology I with a “C” or higher will have priority consideration
There are 22 available seats at the Main Campus for this program. The application deadline is July 13, 2018
To apply to the Massage Therapy program, please print the application (PDF).
Technical Trades: Radiologic Technology Associate of Applied Science Degree
The Technical Trades: Radiologic Technology degree is a partnership between BC3 and
the affiliated health care systems of Armstrong County Memorial Hospital and Sharon
Regional Health System: A Steward Family Hospital.
Students receive their clinical and didactic training hours at the hospital, which culminates in 30-33 credits transferred to BC3 and in addition, they complete 27-31 academic credits at the college. In combination, BC3 awards the Associate in Applied Science degree required for graduates to sit for their ARRT national certification examination.
Taking credits at BC3 does not guarantee acceptance in to the highly competitive radiography programs. Those interested in these partnerships should visit the following websites for further information on the hospital’s admissions criteria, application procedures, and deadlines.
- Sharon Regional Health System - A Steward Family Hospital (Sharon, PA - Mercer County):
- Robert Piccirillo, Director School of Radiography ROBERT_PICCIRILLO@SHARONREGIONAL.COM
- Armstrong County Memorial Hospital (Kittannning, PA - Armstrong County)
- Glenna Kanish, Educational Coordinator firstname.lastname@example.org
All questions about healthcare program admission can be directed to: