Healthcare Program Admission
BC3 has four selective admissions programs in the Nursing and Allied Health Division which include:
- Physical Therapist Assistant.
- Medical Assistant.
- Massage Therapy.
Applicants must meet eligibility criteria and complete a separate application for admission to their program of choice.
Applications and Guidelines
Medical Assistant, Certificate or Associate of Applied Science Degree
- 2.50 GPA minimum.
- COMP 210 - Productivity Applications or exemption test.
Nursing (R.N.), Associate in Applied Science Degree
July 1st, 2018 – General Applicants for Fall 2019 for main campus and BC3 @ Brockway.
March 1st, 2019 – Advanced Standing Applicants (LPN to RN) or Transfer Nursing Student Applicants at the main campus.
Download the Fall 2019 Nursing Program Application
October 31st, 2018 – General Applicants for Fall 2019 for main campus and BC3 @ Brockway.
May 10th, 2019 – Advanced Standing Applicants (LPN to RN) or Transfer Applicants (priority consideration) for Fall 2019 at the main campus and BC3 @ Brockway.
Early Acceptance Program
Prospective Nursing students who have a 3.25 GPA minimum in addition to Anatomy and Physiology I and II completed with a “B” or better grade, and 6 Pre-Nursing support credits at the time of application may be eligible for Early Acceptance to the Nursing Program.
General applicants - Mid-February for the following fall semester
Advanced Standing applicants - Early June for the following fall semester
Special Admission Requirements
- 2.80 cumulative GPA minimum
- Chemistry with a lab in the last 5 years at high school or college level passed with a "C" or better. (Suggested BC3 course: CHEM 112 – Descriptive Chemistry)
- Biology with a lab in the last 5 years at high school or college level passed with a "C" or better. (Suggested BC3 course: BIOL 101-General Biology or BIOL 131 – Anatomy and Physiology I)
- Advanced Standing Applicants: LPNs ONLY - Must have a valid Pennsylvania Practical Nursing license with eligible work or clinical experience within one year of application
- Advanced Standing Transfer Applicants: from another Nursing Program ONLY - Coursework and clinical experience comparable to NURS 101 at BC3 within one year of application
Physical Therapist Assistant, Associate in Applied Science Degree
- 2.80 GPA minimum
- High School or College Level Biology and Algebra
- 20 hours of shadowing experience with a Physical Therapist or Physical Therapist Assistant
- 2 Letters of Recommendation: One from a PT or PTA and the other from an Employer or Teacher
Note: Biology 131 (Anatomy and Physiology I) and Biology 132 (Anatomy and Physiology II) are highly encouraged when making an application.
Massage Therapy, Certificate or Associate of Applied Science Degree
- 2.50 GPA minimum
- Biology with a lab in the last 10 years at high school or college level (Suggested BC3 courses: BIOL 101 – General Biology, AHEA 125/BIOL 115 – Human Biology , or BIOL 131 – Anatomy & Physiology I)
- Students who have completed BIOL 131 - Anatomy & Physiology I with a “C” or higher will have priority consideration