College Within the High School Admission
High School Sophomores, Juniors, & Seniors... Take college level classes at your high school! Classes run for 15 weeks.
The courses, as offered to qualified high school students, have the same departmental designation, course number, title, and credits, and adhere to the same course description and course content as those delivered on the BC3 campus.
Classes are held at the High School, classes are scheduled before, during, or after the school day or on Saturday. See below for more information about in-person classes.
High School Sophomores, Juniors, and Seniors with the following GPA qualify for CWHS:
- Sophomores - 3.25
- Juniors - 3.00
- Seniors - 2.75
*Students must obtain approval from BC3 and the school district to participate.
Steps to enroll
- Check with your school's guidance counselor to see if your high school or career technology center offers the CWHS program.
- Complete a High School Programming application and registration form available at your high school or career and technology center. Returning students who have already applied only need to complete a registration form.
- Contact Erin Cioffi, Assistant Director of High School Programming, at 724-287-8711 x 8254 or email@example.com to discuss the CWHS program. You can also schedule a virtual meeting.
- Armstrong High School
- Brockway Area Junior High School
- Butler Area Senior High School
- Butler County Area Vocational-Technical School
- Cochranton Area Junior Senior High School
- DuBois Central Catholic
- Farrell Area High School
- George Junior Republic
- Grace Christian School
- Karns City High School
- Keystone Junior Senior High School
- Knoch Senior High School
- Lawrence County Career and Technical Center
- Lenape Area Vocational-Technical School
- Lincoln High School
- LindenPointe Entrepreneurship Academy
- Mars Area High School
- Mohawk High School
- Portersville Christian School
- Reynolds High School
- Seneca Valley High School
- Sharon High School
- Shenango Junior Senior High School
- Summit Academy
- Union Area Middle/High School (New Castle)
“It is a major opportunity toward my future career, being prepared and a smart financial choice.”
– Amorae Waters, Union Area Middle-High School, Lawrence County (Fall 2019)
“I wanted the experience and challenge of being enrolled in college-level classes.”
— Nabil Lahlou, Mars Area High School, Butler County (Fall 2019)