Certification Testing Schedule
BC3 offers the following certifications
- Driver/Operator - Pumper and Aerial - by individual appointment or group testing
- Evaluator Workshop
- Fire Fighter I & II
- Fire Instructor I - part of the BC3 Educational Methodology for Local Level Instructors course
- Hazardous Materials Awareness - by individual appointment or group testing
- Hazardous Materials Operations
- Mission Specific - Technical Decontamination
- Mission Specific - Mass Decontamination & Victim Recovery
- Mission Specific - Air Monitoring
Additional certifications may be available based on request.
BC3 PSTF Offers:
Open Testing – These certifications are open for public enrollment.
Closed Testing – These certifications are for a specific fire department or organization and its members. The organization controls how many candidates that can attend the certification. The organization must pay for a minimum of 15 candidates.
Off-Site Testing – To increase accessibility of certifications, we can deliver certain certifications locally. Requests must be submitted at least 120 days before the certification date. Off-site testing is normally for HMA, Driver/operator series & Fire & Emergency Instructor series.
*Candidates must meet the prerequisites of the certification they are testing for. BC3 offers various prep classes for certifications.
Registration For The Fire Service Professional Certification
Please Note: The original application and paperwork must be either dropped off in person or mailed. No email, fax, or electronic submissions will be accepted.
- Prerequisite certifications should be copied, everything else needs to be original.
- Go to the OSFC website and download the relative PSFA Certification Application
- Submit typed applications to:
Butler County Community College
Attention: Public Safety Training Facility, Certification
107 College Dr.
Butler, PA 16002
Certification Registration Options
Butler County Active Firefighters:
Fees are covered under Cranberry Township Community Chest Scholarship. Due to this,
Butler County Firefighters cannot register online.
There are two registration options:
Non-Butler County Active Firefighters:
There are three registration options:
PA State Fire Academy
Prep Certification Classes
BC3 offers various prep classes for certifications, contact Kevin Smith for more details.
Example of Certification Prep Classes:
- Firefighter I - Entry Level Fire Training or a Firefighter I Prep Class
- Firefighter II – Advance Firefighter or a Firefighter II Prep Class
- Hazardous Materials Awareness - Hazardous Materials Awareness or Operations Class
- Driver/Operator – Pumper - Emergency Vehicle Operator Training (EVOT) and Pump Operations I & II
- Hazardous Materials Operations - Hazardous Materials Operations or Technician classes
- Fire Instructor I - part of the BC3 Educational Methodology for Local Level Instructors class
Through the Cranberry Township Community Chest, Scholarship opportunities are available for Active Butler County Firefighters for all certifications. Please view Certification Registration Options for more details.