Personal Care Home Administrator
Learn to provide quality, safe and supportive residential care for dependent adults. This training is approved by the PA Department of Human Services.
February 7 - May 15
BC3 Main Campus
Upon completion of the 100-hour training, students must pass the free competency test to receive certification. Cost: $1,069 + $2 registration fee = $1,071
Students must also complete the Heartsaver CPR/AED/First Aid course or provide proof of prior completion. Heartsaver Training: $75
Take individual courses to meet requirements (24 hours a year) to maintain certification. Courses range from $38 to $100 dollars per course. See individual courses for pricing.
- DHS Personal Care Home Orientation
- Community Resources, Social Services & Activities in the Community
- Nutrition, Food Handling & Sanitation
- Cultural Competency
- Budgeting, Financial Recordkeeping, & Resident Records
- Writing, Completing & Implementing Initial Assessments, Annual Assessments & Support Plans
- Medication Procedures, Medication Effects & Universal Precautions
- Care for Residents with Dementia
- Resident Rights
- Abuse & Neglect Prevention & Reporting
- Care for Residents with Mental Illness
- Fire Prevention & Emergency Preparedness
- Care for Residents with Intellectual or Developmental Disabilities
- Staff Supervision
- Resident Home Contracts
- Local, State & Federal Laws & Regulations Pertaining to the Operation of a Home
- Personal Care Services & Personal Hygiene
- Personal Care Home Competency Test
- HeartSaver AED/First Aid
Download the Flyer (PDF) with a list of all Personal Care Home Administrator classes offered.
Are you qualified for this training? View the qualifications and responsibilities of administrators.