Personal Care Home Administrator
Continuing Education & Certification Training
Learn to provide quality, safe and supportive residential care for dependent adults. This standardized training is approved by the PA Department of Human Services.
Take individual courses to meet requirements (24 hours per year) to maintain certification.
Upon completion of the 100-hour training, students must pass the free competency test and earn an American Heart Association Heartsaver® First Aid CPR AED card to receive certification.
Dates: September 9 - December 16, 2022
Locations: BC3 Main Campus & Remote
Cost per course: $40 to $115. See individual courses for costs.
Cost for full certification: $1,242 (includes $2 registration fee.)
- DHS Personal Care Home Orientation
- Fire Prevention & Emergency Preparedness
- Nutrition, Food Handling & Sanitation
- Cultural Competency
- Budgeting, Financial Recordkeeping, & Resident Records
- Writing, Completing & Implementing Initial Assessments, Annual Assessments & Support Plans
- Medication Procedures, Medication Effects & Universal Precautions
- Care for Residents with Dementia
- Resident Rights
- Abuse & Neglect Prevention & Reporting
- Care for Residents with Mental Illness
- Community Resources, Social Services & Activities in the Community
- Care for Residents with Intellectual or Developmental Disabilities
- Staff Supervision (Remote)
- Resident Home Contracts
- Local, State & Federal Laws & Regulations Pertaining to the Operation of a Home
- Personal Care Services & Personal Hygiene
- Personal Care Home Competency Test
AHA Heartsaver® First Aid CPR AED
View the qualifications and responsibilities of administrators (enter 2600.53 in the code search box).