Electronics Technology, A.A.S.
This program provides the student with a comprehensive background in electronics technology. The program provides the student with a general background in electronic device and circuit operation, along with extensive training in the operation and use of modern electronic test equipment.
Digital and analog circuit simulation and design using state-of-the-art software and hardware is presented, as well as hands-on construction and troubleshooting techniques. Typical opportunities for graduates include employment as engineering technicians, field engineers, bench technicians, telecommunications equipment installers and repairers, and engineering assistants. Students in the Electronics Technology (305) program have transferred to colleges and universities such as Penn State Behrend, Youngstown State University, and California University of PA among others.This is a Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics (STEM) program.
The student/graduate will be able to:
- Analyze Direct Current (DC) and Alternating Current (AC) circuits using various circuit simplification and analysis techniques.
- Apply theoretical principles to physically design electric circuits in order to solve technical problems.
- Identify common electronic components, devices, and symbols.
- Demonstrate an understanding of AC Power Parameters and Industrial Power Equipment.
- Write waveform equations for common time varying electronic signals.
Learn to build, test and solve problems associated with electronic controlled processes and industrial equipment.View the required courses and curriculum semester-by-semester for Electronics Technology, A.A.S.