2017 Commencement Ceremony
Wednesday, May 17 at 7:00 p.m. in the Field House on BC3 Main Campus. Doors open at 6:00 pm for guests.
Class of 2017 could be BC3’s largest this century
Graduates: Do you plan to decorate your graduation cap? If yes, then this is the social media challenge for you!
We want to see your creative side. All you have to do is post a photo of your decorated graduation cap with #bc3grad and enter to win a gift card to GetGo.
Show us what you've got!
Students who plan to walk in the Commencement ceremony can pick up their cap and gown and tickets between Monday, April 18 and Friday, May 6 from 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. Monday through Friday in the Office of Student Life located in the Student Success Center on main campus.
- Admission tickets are limited to five per student. Extra tickets may be available at rehearsal.
- You must have your Student ID to pick up cap & gown and admission tickets.
- If you cannot pick up during these dates/times, contact Sherri Osborne at firstname.lastname@example.org or 724.287.8711 x8448 to make arrangements.
Rehearsal will be on Tuesday, May 16 at 10:00 a.m. in the Field House on main campus.
Graduates should be dressed and ready in Founders Hall at 6:15 p.m. It takes approximately 45 minutes to lineup.
- 6:50 p.m. march to the Field House begins.
- Tassels are worn on the right side of your cap.
- The ceremony is streamed live on bc3.edu and will be aired on Armstrong Channel 10 the week following the event.
Graduates, family, and friends are invited to attend a reception catered by Fairground Market with entertainment by Winsor Brass immediately following the ceremony in Founders Hall.
- February 15 for May 2017 graduates.
- June 15 for Summer 2017 graduates.
For a second major, a student will be required to complete a minimum of an additional fifteen (15) credit hours for an Associate Degree, nine (9) credit hours for a Certificate, and six (6) credit hours for a Diploma. These credit hours must be approved in advance by the Dean of the second major and a copy sent to the Office of Records and Registration.