Technical Trades - Massage Therapy Management Option, A.A.S.
This program prepares massage therapists for management careers in the Massage industry.
The curriculum enables students to receive credit for their NCMTMB massage certification or completion of the BC3 Massage Therapy Program while being offered theoretical management and marketing skills required to successfully own and/or manage a massage therapy business.
Courses provide skill development in all facets of managing a massage business and salesmanship, with emphasis in customer service and communication skills.
Typical employment positions are massage/salon/spa owner, massage/salon/spa manager, sales consultant, manufacturer sales representative, or distributor’s sales representative. Student must be certified in CPR in the American Heart Association: Basic Life Support for Health Care Providers or American Red Cross: Basic Life Support for The Professional Rescuer.
The student/graduate will be able to:
- Perform a one hour Swedish table massage.
- Perform a half hour Swedish chair massage.
- Communicate effectively obtaining a massage client’s medical history and explanation of techniques.
- Create a massage therapy marketing portfolio.
- Present a massage therapy technique presentation using a PowerPoint presentation and demonstration.
Criteria for Admission:
Admission to the Massage Therapy Program is selective. A special application packet, available from the Admissions Office, is required and will be made available in January due no later than July 31 for the following fall semester start.
- A 2.50 minimum high school or college GPA is required. College GPA is utilized if 9+ college-level credits are complete for the Workplace Certificate and 12+ college-level credits are complete for the Associate in Applied Science degree at the time of application review.
- High School Biology or BIOL 116: Human Biology, BIOL 101: Biology 1, or BIOL 131: A&P 1 with a minumum grade of “C” within the last 10 years is also considered in the process.
- Preference will be given to applicants who have successfully completed BIOL 131: A&P 1.
- Applicants must have a grade of “C” or better in all Massage Therapy Program courses for acceptance and continuation in the program.
Special Requirements Upon Acceptance:
- Successful completion of the American Heart Association cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) for the healthcare provider or the American Red Cross Basic Life Support for the Professional Rescuer.
- Act 34, PA State Police Criminal History and Act 151. All accepted students must complete clearances online before the start of classes.
Management. Customer service. Communication skills. Our program will help you to take your massage therapy license to the next level.
View the required courses and curriculum semester-by-semester for Technical Trades - Massage Therapy Management Option, A.A.S.
Learn more about the Massage Therapy program's admission requirements.