Gain the theoretical knowledge and hands-on application necessary to adjoin similar and dissimilar metals, and perform a variety of other tasks associated with welding.
Class 1: D1.5 SMAW 1" Plate 3G
- January 17 - March 21
Class 2: D1.5 FCAW 1" Plate
- March 26 - May 30
Class Day/Time: Mondays & Wednesdays, 5:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m.
Location: Butler County Vo-Tech
- Special funding opportunities may be available for eligible students at CareerLink and CareerT.R.A.C.K.
- Special student loans may be available through SallieMae.
- Occupational orientation and safety.
- Principles of welding.
- Welding print reading.
- Class 1: Visual examination inspection and testing:
- Shielded Metal Arc Welding (SMAW) 1" Plate 3G (Vertical Position)
- Class 2: Visual examination inspection and testing Flux-Cored Arc Welding (FCAW) 1" Plate
$2,650 Per Class
- Class 1: Includes class materials and 1 attempt at the D1.5 SMAW 1" Plate 3G certification.
- Class 2: Includes class materials and 1 attempts at the D1.5 FCAW 1" Plate certification.
- Successful completion of a drug screening.
- Certified background check.
- Vocational screening assessment.
- High School Diploma or Equivalency.
Students can purchase this kit through BC3 or on their own (subject to inspection to meet minimum required standards.)
BC3 Main Campus
Vocational Screening Assessment
Class 1: January 11 from 5-7 pm
Class 2: March 15 from 5-7 pm
- If you complete the Vocational Screening Assessment with Class 1, you will not need to re-test for Class 2.
Class 1: March 26-28 from 5-9 pm
Class 2: June 4-6 from 5-9 pm
- If you are enrolled in Class 1 and plan to enroll in Class 2, you will take Employability Skills on June 4-6.
Fill out the form below and we will contact you!
Or call 724.287.8711 x8171 for more information.