Scholars Program Admission
The Presidential Scholars Program is a combination of courses and an independent study project designed to reward students who seek a more challenging academic experience.
Butler County residents who graduate in the top 10% of their high school graduating class in a Butler County public high school are eligible for a full-tuition scholarship from the BC3 Education Foundation, Inc.
Students must enroll to start in the fall semester immediately following their high school graduation.
Benefits of the Presidential Scholars program includes:
- Full-tuition scholarship (students are responsible for fees)
- Scholars-only social events and field trips
- Seamless transfer into a number of four year college’s honors programs
- Early registration for classes
Scholars are required to take three Scholars-only classes:
- Presidential Scholars Seminar - designed to introduce students to the rigor of college level work and to prepare them for academic and social success at Butler County Community College.
- Presidential Scholars Project Preparation - designed to introduce Scholars to advanced research and presentation methods in preparation for their Scholars Project.
- Presidential Scholars Project - designed to answer a research question under the supervision of a faculty or industry mentor.