Steps to Success
It’s February and the New Year is well upon us; time for those resolutions that most of us seem unable to keep for long. It’s also a time when we welcome new and returning students to BC3 for the start of the Spring Semester and we pledge to help them succeed on their educational journey. That’s a resolution on which we never give up.
So what’s new at BC3 for 2019?
- More than 200 new students have begun their college work at BC3 for the Spring Semester (even though it doesn’t look or feel much like spring here)
- We look forward to a newly renovated Cranberry site which will hold a grand reopening on April 11th in conjunction with their Open House activity.
- BC3 continues its commitment to economic development and expanding our presence in Downtown Butler. We’re sponsoring a Lunch and Learn Series at the new Springhill Hotel and Suites and several other locations in the city in February, April, May, and June.
- BC3 @ Lawrence Crossing hosted a Jan. 8 orientation for students seeking to enroll in a free, month-long basic health care employment skills certificate program that begins Feb. 12 and will train participants for entry-level positions in Lawrence County’s largest industry.
- New EMT and EMR classes are being held through May and BC3 will also host a mid-spring advanced EMT program for EMTs whose Pennsylvania certifications are current and in good standing.
- Dr. Neupauer discussed Butler County Community College’s new downtown Butler initiatives and the advantages of a community college education as the first community college president in the state to appear on “Inside PA Boroughs” which opened its 2019 season Jan. 13 on PCN.
Those are just a few of the exciting developments of 2019 with much more on the horizon as well, including talks to formulate a partnership with Pitt-Titusville, new BC3 Nursing program collaborations with Grove City College and other schools, and lots more.
Now to those pesky resolutions; perhaps the late comic Joey Adams put it best when he said, “May all your troubles last as long as your New Year’s resolutions”.
All of us at BC3 wish you a Happy New Year and continued success in pursuing your educational goals. As always, know that we are here to help you every step of the way. Please contact these offices if you need any assistance.
- BC3 Main Phone Number: 724.287.8711
- Admissions Office: 724.284.8501
- Academic Center for Enrichment (ACE: Placement Testing & Advising): 724.287.8711 x8606
- Financial Aid: 724.287.8711 x8329
- Records and Registration: 724.284.8510
-Jerry Johnston, Admissions Representative/Business Relations