Steps to Success
When you get right down to it, all of us celebrate the holiday season in our own way. We have family, social, and cultural experiences, in addition to marking both the secular and spiritual nature of the season.
At BC3, many of our faculty and staff members along with student clubs/organizations endeavor to help local charities like the Light of Life Rescue Mission, Salvation Army, Toys for Tots, and a number of other worthy community causes. Many of our departments hold their own group celebrations and President Neupauer hosts a campus-wide gathering for BC3 employees.
When it comes to most BC3 students, it’s time put down the pens and notebooks and enjoy their time off in myriad ways, but we play host to a significant number of guest students who pick up a needed course or two during the Winter Session.
Some of you have a lot of activities planned for your winter break, but many just go with the flow. Here are a few suggestions that you might want to employ to make the best use of your time off:
- Line up a seasonal part-time job to help with next semester’s expenses
- Volunteer with a community charity or service organization- it’s good for the résumé
- Catch up on your recreational reading or TV viewing
- Hang out with your family and let them know you appreciate all they do
- Catch up with old friends
- Enjoy winter sports if you’re so inclined
- Check out the Christmas lights (Shandrack’s Christmas Wonderland is a sight to see!)
- Get some needed rest, relaxation, and “me” time
So whatever is beautiful, whatever is meaningful, whatever brings you happiness. . .may it be yours now and throughout the coming year. And however you choose to celebrate, when the ornaments and lights are once again stored away, know that all of us at BC3 are ready to help you succeed upon your return to the campus and the classroom.
Our spring semester begins on Monday, January 14th and we hope that new students will join us for Welcome Day at their respective campus location as well.
May you have a joyous Hanukkah, Christmas, Kwanzaa, and a bountiful New Year!
Please contact these offices should you need any assistance. See you in 2019!
- BC3 Main Phone Number: 724.287.8711
- Admissions Office: 724.284.8711 x8501
- Academic Center for Enrichment (ACE: Placement Testing & Advising): 724.287.8711 x8606
- Financial Aid: 724.287.8711 x8329
- Records and Registration: 724.284.8510
-Jerry Johnston, Admissions Representative/Business Relations