Steps to Success
Getting back in the Groove
Whether you’re a returning or brand new student, we have some tips to help get you in to the swing of things as you prepare to head back to BC3 or begin your college journey here. Returning to the routine or starting fresh can both be stressful and exciting, so here are some thoughts about “hitting the books”:
- Get organized…round up the proper supplies you need and keep a calendar or agenda to help you stay on track with class times, due dates, and exams.
- Do not procrastinate…putting off projects or studies can only get you into trouble. It is suggested that you review daily and in small chunks to help you best retain information.
- Meet your professors outside of class. They are awesome human beings that way to seen you reach your full potential. Pay attention to their office hours and preferred method of contact posted on the course syllabus.
- Get plenty of rest and take some occasional “me time.” It is important to know your body and to not overexert.
- Think about finding a study partner or group to review classwork. Don’t forget the Heaton Family Learning Commons has great study rooms and group space on main campus.
- Be sure to find out about the many resources BC3 has to offer…there may be things that even “old hands” aren’t aware of.
- If you know that you will struggle with a class sign up for your free hour of tutoring at the beginning of the semester and make it a regular, weekly occurrence.
- Get Involved! This is your college experience, so make the most of it. Check out a new student club or organization, apply for work-study position, or volunteer at a campus event. Don’t forget to add these things to your resume to make yourself stand out!
Be sure to download the FREE BC3 Mobile App, powered by Ellucian Go from Google Play, iTunes, or Amazon. The app lets you see your schedule and view term grades, find maps of campus buildings and locations, register for classes, view the BC3 Catalog and Handbook, find important BC3 numbers, and connect with BC3 Social Media among other useful features. Again, the app is free and has the info you need to succeed!
For more information visit our mobile app webpage.
All of us at BC3 are committed to helping you achieve success as you pursue your educational goals. As always, know that we are here to help you in any way we can. Please contact these offices if you need any assistance.
BC3 Main Phone Number: 724.287.8711
Admissions Office: 724.284.8501
Academic Center for Enrichment (ACE: Placement Testing & Advising): 724.287.8711 ext. 8606
Financial Aid: 724.287.8711 ext. 8329
Records and Registration:724.284.8510
Jerry Johnston, Admissions Representative/Business Relations