Since 1984, Chris Calhoun has been a professor and coordinator for the Park and Recreation Management Program at Butler County Community College (BC3) in Butler, PA.
Chris has also worked for the National Park Service as a law enforcement ranger, the Bureau of State Parks as a park naturalist and currently works for the Pennsylvania Fish & Boat Commission as a Wildlife Conservation Education Specialist-Lead Water Rescue Instructor Trainer since 1989. He is responsible for curriculum development and instructor training for the Pennsylvania Water Rescue Program.
As a subject matter expert in water rescue and safety, Chris has presented at national and international conferences and training programs in 14 states. Chris is also a member of the Pennsylvania Helicopter Aquatic Rescue Team (PA-HART) and is the Assistant Chief for Butler County Water Rescue Team 300.
Chris and his wife Kelly have two children, Rachel and Jessica.
- PKMT 101 – Forestry
- PKMT 102 – Recreation Leadership
- PKMT 104 – Introduction to Parks and Recreation
- PKMT 105 – Park Safety and Visitor Services
- PKMT 110 – First Aid and Safety
- PKMT 201 – Park Management Practicum
- PKMT 205 – Interpretive Methods and Programming
- PKMT 212 – Park and Recreation Administration
- PKMT 230 – Outdoor Adventure Program Management
- PHED 130 – Canoeing and Water Safety
- PHED 140 – River Kayaking
- Slippery Rock University: MS-Park and Recreation Administration
- Slippery Rock University: BS-Recreation (Emphasis: Resource Management)
- Butler County Community College: AAS-Park and Recreation Management
- United Way Red Apple Award
- Hanna Miller Safety Award
- American Red Cross Lifetime Achievement Award
- Higgins and Langley Swiftwater Rescue Program Development Award
- BC3 Distinguished Alumnus
- Outstanding Faculty Member
- EMT Recognition