College Credit Fast Track
College Credit for Work or Life Experience
College Credit Fast Track helps current and prospective students earn college credit at one of Pennsylvania’s Community Colleges based on prior work or life experience. Credit can be awarded for:
- Training programs
- Military service
- Independent study
- Community service
- Completing free online courses
We help you find the right course to petition for credit, put you in contact with an advisor at your target institution, and assist you with building your e-portfolio and sending it to an assessor for review.
A Reality Check For Prior Learning
Your prior knowledge must meet certain criteria:
- Is your prior learning publicly verifiable?
- Can it be measured/evaluated?
- Is your prior experience comparable to college-level learning?
- Does your prior learning have a subject matter knowledge base? (College credit will not be awarded for application of a manual skill, for example.)
- Can your prior learning be generally applied to other situations? Does it reflect basic principles of the subject area?
Not All Learning Is Done In The Classroom
It’s your life. Get the credits you’ve earned.